I should have mentioned that APF is set the way it's set.  I don't
believe any parameters exist to change APF's operation.  Someone may
correct me on this.

APF is best used with a narrow bandwidth setting.  I think I saw the
figure 30 Hz (for -6dB points) used in conjunction with APF, so a 50
or 100 Hz filter setting seems in order.  That's what I use here.

73,
matt W6NIA