HI,

KX3, I have played about with the two mike settings BIAS (on/off) and pgupdwn/ptt/off with a computer headset where the 3.5mm mike has a stereo plug and no joy. Noted it initially as got the PTT error message and TX stays open when plugged in. No amount of combinations of with VOX on/off and setting the mike options seems to make it work where pressing the PTT on the KX3 keys the mike (or VOX does).

A stereo to mono adapter doesn't seem to help.

Anyone had a similar problem and got a cure?

The headset is identical to another I have as I wanted to get a second set (for second KX3) but the earlier one has a mono mike.

I looked at chopping the cable and rewiring (The mike has a tiny + screw in it so I undid it just to see how it was wired) but I noted the wires are not the easy to solder type.

72
Dom
M1KTA