Sometimes I think the value of a discount is not in the money you save but
rather in the feeling you have of getting some kind of special deal or special
treatment.

I was at the parts department of a local Chevy dealership a few years ago to
buy some minor thing.  When the guy was totaling things up he said that I get
the 10% senior citizen discount.  I said "You mean you offer the senior citizen
discount for someone who is only 55 ?".  He said, "No, the discount is for 65
and older".  I gladly turned down the discount.  Some discounts are not worth
getting especially if only 10 percent which barely covers sales tax here in my
area of the country.

73, phil, K7PEH