Mike

I thought about that very thing when ordering mine finally decided to order
it along with every other option offered. Why cost was very low for a loaded
one and resale (not a chance) would be better.

What I have found is that the internal tuner is one of the most valuable
options offered for the radio. It has given me a chance to start working QRP
portable like I had never been able to do in the past so easy. In fact my
K3's and K2 along with my other rigs have been seeing idle times here
lately. I have 4 100w exciters and 2 amps an Elecraft and an Alpha, so not
sure yet if I'm going for the 100w tuner/amp for the KX3.
BUT........sometimes if it's an Elecraft item it's like an old dog that
crawls in and lays down beside you and stays. I'm going to see what the
price on the combo tuner/amp will be. Them make a decision.

In fact since Jan/13 I am well on my way to QRP/DXCC Phone with the KX3 and
countries for regulars DXCC are getting much harder to come by now.

If it were anything but an Elecraft tuner I might have passed on it but few
can match it for an internal tuner.

IMHO a must have option in a KX3 for full enjoyment of the Top QRP rig YMMV.

73,
Fred/N0AZZ
K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2