I probably do not need to say this (obvious) but I decided to purchase my KX3 with the ATU for resale reasons (most folks would likely want it as the radio is oriented to portable QRP use).

I have used the ATU for fine-tuning my triband yagi on the WARC bands - nice! It also tweaks the SWR for driving my 300w amp input which varies by band.

I did not buy the paddles as I will not be using them and want to keep the profile simpler. Also chose not to get the internal battery charger (not using internal batteries).

But both of those could also be reasoned as good for resale-ability. I bought the MH3 mic as I will be installing the 2m module and using the radio on 2m "voice modes". I get good reports on audio on 20m and 6m.

BTW just a comment the KX3 works very nice on 6m SSB with my Mirage amplifier (8w drives it to 125w). The internal preamp hears "very" fine. Use it last night on our Tuesday night "Simplex" Net where 6m, 2m, 1.25m, 70cm and 33cm bands are activated (many on both SSB and FM simplex).

Looking forward to getting the 2m module!

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
dubus...@gmail.com
"Kits made by KL7UW"