From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ron Leech
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 8:54 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] ts480 with KPA500 KAT500

I have a ts480 runing on a Remote Rig away from town and when it was at home
I used a KPA500 and would like to use it again but at the  remote site but
my tuner I have now wont handle the power. So hear is my question will the
KAP500 and KAT500 work with my 480 and RemoteRig if so can some one help
with all that is needed to order when I order the Kat500 to make it work or
is there a better solution. I will one day get a K3 but for now the 480 will
have to do. The 480 has switched 12v power out of the radio to turn on a
tuner so I thot I could use that to turn on a relay but now find out that
the KPA500 only can have a short berst to grownd to turn it on and off.