Tony,

I am still groggy from the return flight from Dayton, but will try to write a coherent answer:

The RRC has only an ethernet port. You can add an optional internal WLAN card, but that won't solve the problem of having to click on a web page to access the internet. Of course, as you suspected, the ethernet port won't work in that situation as well.

The answer is an external WLAN bridge such as the Netgear WNCE2001 if you need to access that way. The bridge is first booked into the network using a PC/Mac, then moved over to the RRC. The disadvantage is that only that single device can be used to access the network if you need to pay for the service, otherwise you would have to pay again for a PC, etc. This is because a network (Radius server) uses the MAC address of the device for authentication.

Another solution would be a pocket router/bridge that provides an ethernet port, as well as WLAN. This device books into the network and allows multiple devices to use your bridge to utilize one single (possibly paid) connection. There are several on the market that meet this need.

The other method is to book into the network using WLAN on your PC/Mac and "share" the ethernet port on it, in which the RRC is plugged into. This is the cheapest method, since no extra hardware is required. Downside: it can be tricky to implement in some Windows versions, plus sometimes (depending again on O/S, etc.) you may be able to only share that single ethernet port, leaving further devices that you may have along without access.

Further information can be found at the RemoteRig forum web site at:
<http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php>  using the search function.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

73,
Mitch DJ0QN