We arrived home at 2:30am after traveling 16-hours, yesterday.  It took us
5-hours
by road to drive from Dayton Saturday evening to Detroit airport (motel).  WE
were
delayed about an hour in Minneapolis when rain shutdown the airport (no
tornado's).

Janet stated that after "boiling" in the sun all day Friday and drowning in the
downpour Saturday morning "I could leave her home next time".

80+ temps with 90% humidity is too much for us northerners.  Nice sunny 43 and
30%
here at home, today.

I visited the Elecraft booth twice, once near noon Friday, and again on
Saturday.
They were busy!  I was with Sam-G4DDK who had pre-ordered parts for his K3 so
got
to watch the crowd and Elecraft "action".  I was told there were no hats left,
but
it did appear that hats and KX3 buttons were given to purchasers at that point
in
time (or maybe sold- could not tell).  Sam agreed we both traveled about 4,000
miles to get to Dayton.  Apparently lots of sales as I saw many hats being worn.

Janet sold about a third of her Dubus books.  WE were at the No. Texas Microwave
Society flea market space and that was not enough draw to sell all the books.
WE
do better at the VHF conferences.  My amplifier got little notice and maybe five
brochures picked up.  There is so much to look at at Dayton, it was swallowed
up in
the clutter.  We're not likely to return to Dayton considering the expense of
travel.  WE had to ship the remaining books to Alaska as there was no room in
our
bags.

I took my step-son Andy, KB0MLT, around the exhibits for two hours on Saturday
and
he picked up a dual-band HT he wanted.  I showed him the Elecraft displays.
Looked
at the new KXPA100 (no price listed).  My only purchase was a Peet wx station
(around the corner from the Elecraft booth).

We had fun and my wife and I enjoyed the time spent with her son and wife.  We
spent four days in MI before Dayton visiting my sisters and mom, who is in
assisted
living, but glad to be home. Back to work, tomorrow.

73, Ed - KL7UW
Also ran into many VHF, mw and eme friends.