In my case, compared with my Icoms which have dedicated 6m front end, K3 is
very deaf in 6m.  I have tried a number of preamps as a kind of experiment.  I
eventually settle at Extra-6 from www.ha8et.hu

I only need a good pre-amp and do not need the extra switching function in PR6.
 I go for Extra-6 for cheaper price, less function but better performance.
Another choice is the L50LNA from Downeast microwave

http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/cat-frame.htm

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

寄件人︰ Oliver Dröse <dro...@necg.de>
收件人︰ elecraft...@yahoogroups.com
傳送日期︰ 2013年05月22日 (週三) 4:46 AM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft_K3] pr6 6m preamp

Second that. Very sensitive and not even half the price of the Elecraft amp.
Works like a charm!

73, Olli - DH8BQA

PS:
For all those thinking the K3 is not deaf on 6 m: Have you ever done side by
side comparisons with other radios? Directly testing the K3 vs. a Kenwood
TS-590 shows the K3 lacks about 10 dB +/- sensitivity! With the pre-amp above
you hear even better with the K3 now than with an TS-590. ;-)