My idea of a KX2 would be to rework the K2 with a factory built DDS, maybe from
the KX3,  but the rest would be the user built K2 in a K2 box.  This could
include general coverage.
I think many hams would like to build from parts and use their soldering irons.
 This would be a cross between the KX1 block diagram and the K2 performance.

73,
Rick Dettinger  K7MW