> Does this sound reasonable?

No.  If the field is not able to couple to nearby objects, it is not
able to radiate (couple to) distant receivers.  The statement flies
completely in the face of physics.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 5/31/2013 2:59 PM, Vic K2VCO wrote:
Theoretically, performance should be similar to a dipole, although with
a near-omnidirectional pattern (and of course reduced bandwidth). It
might be perfect for certain antenna-restricted circumstances.

There is a statement on the G3PTW website which is interesting, and I
would like to hear what others say about this:

"The confined electric near field (caused by the high impedance ends of
each dipole being close to each other) also ensures that the antenna
does not couple to other electrical conductors i.e. telephone wires,
power cables, television antennas or even the ground and lossy
di-electrics such as trees and buildings. Thus the radiated power is not
absorbed by nearby objects, it is all radiated into free space.
Breakthrough and noise pick up are also reduced to an absolute minimum
and the ground conductivity and height do not affect the antenna tuning."

Does this sound reasonable?

Hi folks.