Rick I agree with you on this thread being drawn out, and should go quietly to
the curb.
However, you have brought up a very valid question about Elecraft simple but
effective products.
I think you should start another thread with your question as the heading.
It would be interesting to hear other views and opinions on why such a simple
radio stands head and shoulders
with the back breaking behemoths that end up on some desks.

(((73))) Milverton.