I was very surprised at the fact that the TS-990 didn't place higher in the Sherwood ratings. I would have thought that it would have been on par with the FTDX-5000.

However, for those who abhor menus, the 990 may be the answer to your prayers. With that many front-panel controls, I'd be surprised if there are any menus involved.

Although the service centers for Yaesu and Kenwood are convenient to my location, as is Elecraft, I think I'll stay with Elecraft because of their excellent product support.

73 de Jim - AD6CW