The term "reflector" is not a ham only term -- it is a general term referring
to any email subscriber list broadcast system.  In fact, the "reflector" is the
name and role of the host e-mail address.  That is, in this case of Elecraft,
the address "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" is called the reflector address.

I am not sure where the term "reflector" originated but I am guessing that it
came about from one of the list serve type applications that were developed at
some time in the past.  My experience goes back to early Unix SendMail manual
systems and early Listserv managed systems.  Even though I am getting old now,
I do not remember the term "reflector" used back then which would be in the
1982 to 1985 or maybe 1986 timeframe.  Even the years could be wrong but I just
have to remember by what projects I worked on in those days.

73, phil, K7PEH