Roger . . .

K3 serial number 21 was received in kit-form on October 27, 2007, with the power pole connector firmly attached to the RF Board (by the board manufacturer) but with one of the wires going to one side of the power pole just barely long enough to reach the connector. This meant that the metal contact on the too-short wire wasallowing the transfer of electricity buthad not completely snapped into place. The result was a very loose power cord-to-K3 connection that would occasionally slip out.

The moral of this minor story is that BOTH sides of the APP juncture must be inspected, not just the one you might have assembled yourself.

Just because something is "factory wired and tested" doesn't necessarily mean all is well.

73,

Kent   K9ZTV