It appears this thread has broken into several topics based upon the readers interpretation of the
problem. Let's break it into 4 categories:

1. Connecting the wire to the contact (crimping or soldering)

2. Inserting the contact into the connector body

3. Mating two connector bodies to form a power plug

4. Retaining the power plug in the receptacle on the back of the K3

My problem deals with number 4. I don't think the plug is securely retained in the receptacle. I'm using heavy gauge wire which tends to pull the plug out. Due to the stiffness and weight of the power wire, it doesn't take much force to break the connection. Due to the receptacle being mounted inside
the back panel of the K3, there is no way to install one of the retainer clips.

73, Roger

-- Remember the Liberty (AGTR-5) http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/ http://www.gtr5.com/