Hehe. My laptop computer is in front of me with the P3 SVGA display behind it only partially obscured by the laptop screen. The K3 is to my right (about 90 degrees) and the P3 it to its right. My remote antenna switch is to the left of the K3. This lets me run digital modes with very little attention to the K3/P3 combination.

I use the RF gain to prevent overdriving the audio A-->D converter and the Shift/Width controls to narrow the bandwidth of the K3 during a QSO. Otherwise I don't touch the controls much. With RTTY, I use AFSK A and actually have to touch the big knob. :-)

Logging occurs on the computer, and the broad view of the signals on the band is behind on the SVGA display.

Life will probably change when my CW gets good enough to put on the air. If I ran much SSB, I'd probably be using a foot switch PTT and the CM500 microphone. As it is, I use a MH2 -- mostly for local 2M repeaters.

YMMV!

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV