It is time for a new rig; actually my first "new" rig in many years since I
typically buy a used rig from someone.
I own both Elecraft and Ten Tec; K-1 and Omni 6 among others. The choice I
am working on now is that of
either the K-3 or the Eagle. The K-3 with one filter for CW will be more
expensive than the Eagle with one filter (not by much)
and of course the Eagle is not a kit. I operate mostly CW for rag chew,
occasional contest, and DX. I do not
think that I need all the options shown on the Elecraft website order form.
I have never seen a K-3 up close,
but I am concerned about the menu that some say takes a lot of getting used
to. So several questions: is the menu
concern not really an issue (?) or is it ; do I need anything else in the
way of options (I have a good ATU) (?); and does
the physical size of the control face pose a problem in your opinion.
Please feel free to reply directly offline since
I am sure the list has heard these questions many times. I would like to
hear from you. 73s Roger  W7RIP