The APP spec sheet provides mating/unmating force as 2-5 lbf. It's the same.

http://www.andersonpower.com/literature/datasheets.html

I think what Don was referring to is that a PAIR of APPs--the way we typically use them--can take up to 10 lbf to unmate (or mate) which is consistent with the spec sheet, though at the high end.

Eric
KE6US