On Thursday Taenzer used a Straight-Key to send:
-------------Original Comment-------

> We've been considering having a metal roof, but I'm wondering about the
> possible impact of the metal roof on the radiation pattern

I can tell you that my barn metal roof allows me to make about an hour
window to the WNW for 6m EME. I do not have Az/El rotator.

The 6M8GJ 8 element is about 30 feet above , and at the apex of, the
barn roof. The orientation of the barn is generally  also WNW.

It's predictable, never fails and I have made a few EME contacts on 6m
looking that way towards moonset and an Elevation of about 28 degrees
and down.

--
Best regards,
Bob  KD7YZ    Win7-64bit + K3