 From: Jim Bennett <w6...@mac.com>
To: Elecraft Reflector Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT - anyone have experience with effects of metal roofs
on antenna performace?

Not sure I'm liking where this conversation is going. I answered the original
poster's question as to whether a metal roof has been seen to adversely affect
antenna performance, not advocate doing "stupid" things. My installation worked
very well for me w/o running high power. I knew I WOULD be doing QRO after a
new roof was installed and subsequently ran my feeder in an appropriate
location.

Jim / W6JHB

On   Thursday, Jul 4, 2013, at  Thursday, 12:52 PM, John Marvin wrote:

> I didn't see the original reply, but I just wanted to clear up one
> misconception. Homeowner's insurance covers stupidity. Unless it can be
> proved that you put that ladder line on the roof and ran high power through
> it with the intention of burning the house down, you would be covered.
>
> 73,
> John
> AC0ZG
>
> On 7/4/2013 1:19 PM, Jim Bennett wrote:
>> Yes. Yes I was. :-)
>>
>> On   Thursday, Jul 4, 2013, at  Thursday, 12:11 PM, Tom H Childers wrote:
>>
>>> You must have been running very low power.  Laying any kind of
>>> ladder-line on a roof, insulated or not, is an excellent way to have
>>> a house fire that the insurance company will not pay for. Especialy a
>>> shake shingle roof.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Tom
>>> Amateur Radio Operator N5GE