The biggest issue is that the RF is generated in the plasma display itself and
it is radiated directly through the screen (which is transparent to RF).

73, Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of WM3M
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 10:45 AM
To: Bill Hammond; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT P3 video of RFI, ideas?

Bill,
I have a 50 inch Panasonic plasma and when it is on, lower bands 40 meters and
below are near useless.
It causes some problems for me on 20 meters and up but it gets less as the
bands go up.
My P3 display is similar to yours.
Otherwise it’s a great TV, great picture.
I have tried several things but only thing that has helped, especially on 20
meters and above is to move ham antenna further away from my house.  As best I
can tell RFI comes from the screen and not the cables or the power cable.
If anyone finds a better solution, other than shotgun or not using it, please
let me know.  73  good luck Emory  WM3M