Although this thread is quite mature, I will add my experience with plasma TVs, one of which is a Pioneer Elite. Both of my next door neighbors have plasmas - one a Panasonic and the other the Pioneer. DXing "used to be" my favorite aspect of ham radio, and 40m my favorite band, but since the neighbors' acquisition of the plasma TVs, the plasma noise/spurs can be a constant S8 to S9. To say it's frustrating, especially when I've always tried to be a "good neighbor" in terms of my ham radio operations, is an understatement. Plasma TVs are equivalent to thousands of spark gap transmitters!

Until recently, I only operated either very late at night or early AM, or when the neighbors weren't home, or if by chance, weren't watching TV. However, a few months ago I purchased a Pixel Technologies RF-Pro-1B magnetic receiving loop which has helped immensely. The plasma noise is now typically an S4 or S5, sometimes even a bit lower when I carefully adjust the azimuth of the the loop with the rotor. It's also helped with the persistent line noise problem that the power utility is totally unresponsive to address. I essentially use the receive antenna input on my rigs 100% of the time now.

I wish the FCC would ban the sales and marketing of plasma TVs!

Don