On 7/7/2013 12:10 AM, Jim Wiley wrote:

These will be used to remove a ground-loop problem between my computer and other equipment.

You do NOT need a transformer.  What you DO need is simple bonding.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/HamInterfacing.pdf

There are two simple steps.

1) Get power for all of the radio equipment, and for all equipment connected to your radio equipment (computer, computer monitor) from the same 120V electrical outlet.

2) Bond from chassis to chassis of all equipment that has an unbalanced signal connection to your radio equipment (rig, computer, audio processing, etc.) with short, fat copper. I use the braid stripped from good transmitting coax (RG8), which is typically the equivalent of #10. And, of course, add a short fat bond from the rig to the station ground.

That's all you need. A chassis connection to most laptops can be found at the connector retaining screw of DB-connectors (SVGA, LPT, RS232).

There is, by the way, no such thing as a "ground loop." The REAL cause of the problem is simple leakage current within the AC power system. See the link above for an explanation.

73, Jim K9YC