From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of gteague
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:56 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] The KX3 as a shortwave broadcast receiver

i sent the guy like 3 emails asking why in the heck he eliminated the
battery from the piglet when he discontinued the pigtail. but i went ahead
and ordered the piglet and his serial cable as well despite grave misgivings
about how i'm going to power the damm thing--what was just posted here is
the sum total of my knowledge of those anderson posts--first i've ever heard
of them.

why would you yank a perfectly good 9v battery out of a device designed from
the ground up to accompany a battery powered radio and battery powered ios
devices and leave the user to carry yet another device around just to power
the interface? hopefully he'll ignore or forgive my sarcasm and tell me what
the solution is to allow for portable operation without carrying an outboard
battery with tangling wire dangling. it's a complete mystery to me.

/guy (73 de kg5vt)

--
*There is only one God--His name is Death. And there is only one thing we
say to Death: 'Not today'.* Syrio Forel - A Game of Thrones ~George R.R.

-----
No virus found in this message.