I'd agree with you about the Tecsun radios, Jim. I bought a PL-660 last year, before Christmas.

The only gripes that I have are:

a) the cheap Chinese batteries that came with it had a short life. I topped off the charge after installing the batteries, and the next time that I tried to use the radio, they wouldn't take a charge. b) no BFO. I was going to listen to the "Night of Nights" transmission Friday night, and I discovered the hard way that it doesn't do CW. Good thing that I had the K3 and KX3!

73 de Jim - AD6CW