David,

Check the number of lockwashers you used under the Front Panel standoffs against the number specified in the manual. The ones used between the board and the standoff are really spacers (adding to the standoff dimension) and are critical to keeping everything in alignment.

I would not advocate keeping a screw loose as the best solution to the problem - it may work loose later and come back 'to bite you'.

73,
Don W3FPR