I find when using a SignaLink with both my K3 (using line in/out on the K3) and the Small Wonder Labs PSK-20 I have to raise the gain on the computer sound to radio link to maximum gain on both the signaLink and the computer sound adjustments. I get reasonable settings for the gain control on the K3 and a clean signal from the PSK-20. I've been operating this way for a couple of years with no complaints about spattering all over the bands. It is nice because I can restore the settings easily when they get changed.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV/OK