Hi Frank,

I would not expect the waterfalls for the JT modes to change because the JT
modes transmit only one tone at a time. Apart from turning the tx on and off,
the amplitude of the signal does not change. Therfore there is no source for
IMD that could result in a broader signal or splatter. You could even use a
class C amplifier like you could for a fm transmitter.

Greetings

Ralf, DL6OAP