My EE classes focused on plotting the characteristic curves of vacuum tubes
(late 50's). Semiconductors were left for us to learn on our own.

This was my first radio, followed with a Meissner kit using type 76 triodes
in regen/audio amp combo. I also mistakenly said the crystal was germanium
but it was certainly galena.

http://tinyurl.com/knpukag

73, Ron AC7AC