When I was experimenting with a box fan on top of the KPA100 heat sink, I
simply affixed four soft plastic feet to the corners. The kind one finds at
the hardware store to protect table tops, etc.

They had enough traction to keep the fan in place on top of the fins without
any other adhesive, even with the K2 elevated at an angle on the bail. Of
course there was a small gap between the bottom of the fan and the fins, but
I had the air blowing down onto the fins instead of up. I positioned the
3-inch fan a couple of inches from  the forward edge, and there was no
discernable flow from the top fan that far away to interfere with the air
exiting the K2.

I quit using it for two reasons:

1) I HATE the sound of fans blowing. It's one of the most obnoxious sounds I
know. It's something that's almost not noticed while they're running, but it
feels like someone just took a huge weight off of me when they finally shut
up. Yes, that "whizzer" on the back of the K2/100 is real irritating to me
<G>, but at least it goes off after a bit.

2) The fan wasn't needed, even after my longest, long-winded CW rag chew at
100 watts.

Ron AC7AC