From: dse...@dseven.org [mailto:dse...@dseven.org] On Behalf Of iain
macdonnell - N6ML
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 9:00 PM
To: Ron D'Eau Claire
Cc: bwru...@gmail.com; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Receive Attenuation with KPA500 in Operate

That's not what the KPA500 manual says :-

"Elecraft K3 Cable Connections

This is available direct from Elecraft (pg 16): order KPAK3AUX . Pins not
shown have no connection."

The table shows only 10 pins.

Elsewhere in the KPA500 manual, it is stated that pin 7 must not be
connected to the K3.

I don't have a KPAK3AUX cable to test, as I made my own custom cables.

73,

    ~iain / N6ML

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire <r...@cobi.biz> wrote:
> The KPA3AUX cable DOES connect all 15 pins, Ian. It is simply a
> straight-through cable, unlike a common VGA cable.
>
> If you want to use a separate PTT line (e.g. to route through some
> other equipment that needs to control the amp, such as a Stepp-IR
> controller) you need to use the Key Line Interrupter shown in Figure 2
> that opens the PTT line in the DB15 cable.
>
> 73 Ron AC7AC

KPA500".

> 73,
>
>     ~iain / N6ML
>

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire <r...@cobi.biz> wrote:
>> Where do you see two DB15 cables in a diagram Brian?
>>
>> Ron AC7AC

KAT500.