-------- Original Message -------- Subject:  k3/Remote Rig
Date:  Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:34:16 -0700
From:  Milt -- N5IA <n...@zia-connection.com>
To:  <k3supp...@elecraft.com>

Brandon,

I am slowly making progress with my initial setup with the K3 and K0 plus the two black box Remote Rig units.

I have it all functioning for SSB using an Elecraft MH2 hand held microphone plugged directly into the K0.

I am now trying to move to using a headset with a boom microphone.

To make the change I remove the J1 jumper in the RR associated with the K0 to remove the bias utilized by the MH2. Otherwise everything is left the same.

The problem is I do not get any audio passed through the K0.

I have trouble shot the situation by doing the following; I in turn connect both the MH2 and the headset boom mic to the K3 (they are on the same desk for testing) utilizing the front panel mic connection which mirrors the K0, and both microphones work FB. I turn on the bias on the K3 for the MH2 and remove it for the headset boom mic and either one works just fine.

So, my question is...........What am I not doing correctly to make the boom mic work through the K0?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Milt, N5IA