Nick,

I think Lyle meant to type RX I/Q, not RX ISO. Turning on the RX I/Q outputs (which is accompanied by the DSP load leveling) will reduce the 12 kHz spur by 15 to 20 dB typically. Doing this also increases overall supply current by about 10 mA.

When looking at these spurs on an audio spectrum analyzer that uses a very narrow resolution bandwidth, they're quite prominent. But they are at or below the noise in a 12 kHz (or greater) bandwidth. For quite a few of us we would never know they were there without the instrumentation. I guess good hearing can be a blessing or a curse, depending on what you're listening to... :-)

73,
Rich  AC7MA