I'm running with a 16ft 1/4wave on 20m vertical with a 40 ft wire running
horizontally from its
tip northward to a branch on a nearby tree as an "Inverted-L". The vertical is
about 22 feet SW
of the operating position, and the wire is about 11 feet horizontally, at its
closest
point (W) of the operating position. There are at least two
radials/counterpoise wires for each band.

I can run my K3 on all bands (80-6) at 100W output, tuning the antenna with the
internal tuner
through 50 feet of RG8X, with no problems. I have 147 DXCC entities worked with
this antenna
configuration, although some were with the rig I used before I got the K3.

I strongly recommend the obvious, that you pay close attention to lightning
protection.

73,

Bayard R. "Brandy" Coolidge, N1HO