Greetings,

I actually have one of those mighty fine junk 17 foot telescoping whips as
one of my few traveling antennas for the kx3. I think this weekend ill set
it up where the flag pole would go and give it a ride! I'll fire up the 590
(one day to be replaced by a K3) and see what happens. Don't know why I
didn't think of that before (duh) other than lack of sleep, kids, work,
soccer tournaments, theme parks etc. I'm sure some know what I'm talking
about.

I'll post my results to the thread if anyone cares to hear my findings.
Sorry Elecraft if we've gone too far OT with this. Just to keep it Elecraft
related, Tom at zero five antennas said the KAT500 would suit the antenna
just fine.

73,

Steve KS6PD