After being QRT for a number of years I'm returning to the air with a new
call and location. I am seriously considering buying a KX3 (I have a K2 and
a K1), but I'm a little concerned by reports of AM breakthrough (or whatever
the right word is). I know this is because of the direct conversion
architecture of the rig. I also understand that the IK can be shifted to
8KHz, which should solve the problem, but in doing so makes the narrower
roofing filters and dual watch inoperable.

How many owners are having problems with AM BC breakthrough. I guess it's
mainly an EU problem. I'm located in Dublin, EI.

73,

Paul EI5KI (and M0CDP)