A while back I thought it would be useful to be able to limit a VFO's
frequency excurusion to a user-selected segment. Then if you should
get to the end of such a defined segment the VFO reading would simply
jump to the other end of the segment and keep going, traversing the
same segment again as you kept spinning the knob.

I didn't think of this as a method of marking the legal band
boundaries, but rather for the purpose of sorting through a pileup
without having to keep looking at the frequency display, reversing VFO
direction, etc. Just keep spinning the knob and you'd always be within
your defined segment.

BTW, I don't work any pileups myself; just like to hunt through them
to find who/where the DX is currently working (no sub rcver or band
scope here). But I suppose those who generate the pileups might find
it useful as well. It could of couse also be used to limit the VFO
excursions to the legal band boundaries if someone wanted to do that.

73,
Drew
AF2Z