Many laptops have stereo line in and mono mic in.

I think even my old Pentium 4 Dell laptop had stereo line in.

PSK31 should be quite easy.  Re-read the digital section of the manual and you
should be able to get it going.

ALSO note that many button presses or menu items are mode specific.  Don't try
to set mic gain in CW mode, etc.

...bill nr4c