Julie,

I'll be doing what you're doing, but there is an issue that I have to resolve first. I have the iMic and the KXUSB cable plugged into my Toshiba laptop. NaP3 is showing strong spikes intervals of slightly over 1 kHz. Those are coming from the KXUSB cable. Unplugging the cable from the Toshiba gets rid of the spikes. (It doesn't matter whether the cable is plugged in to the KX3 or not.)

I've got a USB-to-serial adapter on order. If I can use that on the Toshiba without getting the spikes, I'll be ordering the KXSER cable, though the $30 price of the KXSER is hard to swallow. Then, maybe I can move ahead.

--Mark K7NEW