From: Mike Heitmann [mailto:n...@att.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:19 PM
To: Julie Royster
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] anyone using iMic with K3 or KX3 and FLdigi on a PC?

>From your description I'm assuming:

A) you're using DATA A mode.

B) FLDigi is receiving OK.

C) that you have plugged in a headset or speaker to the iMic output and
verified the computer is outputting audio tones on the pin connected to the
KX3 mic input when FLDigi thinks its transmitting.

I understand you have the PC audio level set pretty high. It's been a while
since I used my iMic, but if memory serves, back in the days of earlier
firmware there were reports of no ALC displayed if the audio input of the
KX3 was driven too hard. This may no longer be the case with current
firmware, but it's worth mentioning.

I'd try turning both the mic gain and the iMic audio out down to very low
levels then increase each very slowly.

Hope you get it going!

Mike,  N0SO