Mike,

That is normal. Tthe readout on you K3 VFO will not change on trasmit.
Just set VFO-A to the 10.138700 "Dial" frequency (for 30m) which is
shown in the Dial box of the WSPR program. Do not engage SPLIT or XIT
on your K3.

You didn't ask but one thing you should take care to set up properly
is your power output. Click the Tune button in the WSPR program and
read the K3's power meter (or external wattmeter). Then enter this
same value into the Station Parameters setting in the WSPR program.
The program does NOT control your K3's power output, or even know what
it is, so you to manually enter the correct value there in order for
it to be reported correctly to receiving stations.

73,
Drew
AF2Z