Hi
Maybe I can shed some light on this.
Win4k3 offers a rich interface to the radio as well as mirroring what goes on
in the radio if a user manipulates a control.  Thus there is a lot of polling
going on. A lot of work went into optimizing the timing of this polling and
this requires a dedicated port to the k3.
Now Win4k3 has an aux/cat port which can be used with third party programs that
need to connect to the k3. This port requires either a physical port, or two
virtual ports where it can connect to and the other device can get and set
radio commands. This port works for many things like dx4win, logger32 winlogger
winOM and others. It does not work for N1MM which has a high polling rate as
well.
In the case of the Microham devices, as far as I can tell, there is a cable
supplied that has a direct connection to the rs232 port on the k3. Therefore
one would connect through the Microham via a virtual serial port. For the same
reasons that high polling rates might not work with Win4k3 they may not work
for the Microham.
There is one possibility though which I have not tried nor thas anyone else:
If you connect Win4k3 aux/cat port directly to a physical port, and then
connect the Microham rs232 cable to this serial port via a null modem cable,
then it will see the radio without all of the polling going though the Microham.
I do not own a Microham but if I could borrow one for a few days I'm sure I
could get this operational.
In both the Microham and N1MM logger, I am looking at providing an option that
will suspend most polling in Win4k3 and as long as one does not touch the
physical radio. this should work with these products.
That being said, a new version of the software is underway with additional
aux/cat ports as well as remote serial port redirection allowing you to use
third part software remotely and connect to the physical device via IP.
Anyone in the montreal area that can lend a Microham for a few days?
Regards, Tom

va2fsq.com

iPhone