That is not a helpful response to what is actually a serious question!

Is the key map issue such that not only do we need to use one of a relatively
restricted set of keyboards, but also the keyboards for one particular country
are required? The symbols on the keys are different in different countries, and
my guess is that this is resolved in the key map in the driver on the computer,
rather than the k/b h/w.

To compound the potential for annoyance here, keyboards have a much shorter
life than radios, and so many users will need to replace their keyboard at some
stage. However the key mapping for even US keyboards of a particular brand may
change over time, after all in their normal mode of operation, all that is
required to support a revised h/w mapping is that a new mapping file is shipped
to one OS company.

Stewart

Sent from my iPad