Hi Dave,

Dick is a valued senior engineering member of the Elecraft R&D team. He is the
author of all of the Windows based Utilities for our products and he is also
the f/w design engineer for the KAT500 and a number of other Elecraft products.

He normally is not involved in our customer support, but like many of us, he
does occasionally try to help out customers when he has a chance - frequently
on his own time.  We all have personal email accounts in addition to our
company accounts, so on occasion any of us may post from an account that is not
a official Elecraft address.  He's an extremely knowledgable, polite and
friendly person.

Dick also speaks and writes English as his first language, though like most of
us, its the Americanized version with occasional shorthand phrases ;-)

problems with their access to the FTP site, but when new software is released
for the KX3 etc., as it was in the last week, it is possible to exceed its
maximum number of allowed connections to the FTP server at our ISP. When this
happens, retrying a short time later ends up working perfectly. We have
discussed this with our ISP and they have increased this limit for us, but its
certainly still possible it can be exceeded from time to time. We will keep an
eye on this.

It sounds like you were able to work around your issue this time. In the
future, please also try contacting our team at supp...@elecraft.com  . They are
our front line of support and they usually have the best idea of what is
happening with areas like this and how to resolve your problems.

As per the list guidelines, please also keep all communications here cordial,
without unneeded sarcasm or personal attacks. We are all working towards the
same goals of helping each other and enjoying the hobby. :-)

73,
Eric - WA6HHQ
List Moderator (and frequently COO, Elecraft)

_..._