RF OUT:

Don't forget that the output filters are fixed-tuned for the impedance
expected when running 10 watts for decent efficiency and proper suppression
of the harmonics.

As a minimum you should re-design the output bandpass filters for each band
to match the changed impedance load needed by the finals at the higher power
level. And then there's the question of the ratings of the components in the
T/R switch.

And, if you work SSB or any digital modes using a sound card driving the K2
in SSB mode, the IMD levels go up as you go past 10 watts.

Maybe I'm too conservative, but I tend to run equipment inside the red line
specs. Maybe that's why I have experienced only one or two equipment
failures in over half a century, Hi!

AUDIO:

I'm very surprised by the audio level issue. My K2 will "rattle the rafters"
with the audio gain half way up on either the internal or an external
speaker. I mean it's painfully loud!

You might want to do some troubleshooting, starting with looking for a short
circuit in the speaker wiring. IIRC, plugging in the speaker backwards will
kill the audio level by grounding the "hot" audio lead.

73,
Ron AC7AC