Certainly, but I've reached Russia with mine (21ft. perimeter) using 5W with
the loop inside the house on the second floor, turned the wrong way.. So, they
do work really well.. If you're into contesting, I understand, otherwise, you
don't need more than a few Watts CW, maybe 25 for SSB. You can find vacuum
capacitors on Ebay for $150.. I use a $60 air capacitor rated for 4.5KV, used
it with my 12W KX3, no arcing..

Gil.
--
PGP Key: http://keskydee.com/gil.asc