Thank you to everyone for your input. I will try that Don that is a nice option
I would like to have anyway.

Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

Scotty,

If you jumper the switch terminals as Gary suggested, you will have
speaker all the time.
Put a switch in series with that jumper wire and you have a speaker
on/off switch.
On the K2 there is an easy method to do that, just plug an unwired 3.5mm
plug into the external speaker jack.  The K1 does not have an external
speaker provision, so you will have to be more 'creative' about the switch.
If your K1 has the internal battery option *and* you do not use that
option, the battery on/off switch can be re-purposed for the speaker
switch - or add your own ideas for a switch location.

73,
Don W3FPR