 From: David Cutter <d.cut...@ntlworld.com>
To: d...@w3fpr.com; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft Digest, Vol 114, Issue 11

So far nobody has mentioned insulation material.  The rating of a cable has
little to do with melting the wire and mostly to do with melting or softening
the insulation which would create a shock and/ or fire hazard. The same size
wire insulated with PVC is allowed to rise to a much lower temperature compared
to insulation of PTFE or numerous other materials.  And what is good or bad for
mains circuits will not be the same in a vehicle or aircraft circuit.

David
G3UNA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Wilhelm" <w3...@embarqmail.com>