Hi Elecraft List,

In anticipation of this morning's net, I powered up my KAT500, then my KPA500,
and finally
my K3. It came up in a state with an empty bright screen. Also I couldn't turn
it off with
the power button.

I unplugged the K3, then plugged it back in. I restarted it in EE INIT mode. It
appeared to
work. I then powered it down with the power button, powered it back up, and
reloaded the
firmware. Again it appeared to work. I powered it down again , powered it back
up, and
reloaded the most recent configuration I saved. It resulted in the same faulty
state of an
empty bright screen and the power button wouldn't turn the K3 off. I repeated
the entire
sequence again from unplug to EE INIT to firmware reload to configuration
reload using the
next most recent configuration file. Same faulty state.

Any idea what might have gone wrong? Any suggestions on how I should proceed? I
certainly
know how to reconfigure the filter settings and Menu/Config settings manually
after an EE
INIT and firmware reload, but what calibrations have I lost?

73 and Thanks,
Don NA6Z